Supervise all machine, yard, and painting shop personnel, schedule production and employees, and assign work as needed to complete jobs safely, correctly, on time, and on budget. Supervise related shippi ng and receiving operations. Act as quality control/AISC for all shop activities and production. Responsible for building and yard upkeep and maintenance.
Knowledge/abilities: Advanced machine shop knowledge, ability to setup and use various metal shop equipment, advanced blueprint reading skills, advanced math skills for machining applications, ability to work with little or no supervision, problem solving ability, advanced knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, ability to perform setup and tool changes.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years training at a technical school is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years relevant mechanical experience is required.
- Requires knowledge of sound mechanical practices as applied to commercial and special purpose equipment, methods of handling heavy mechanisms, and electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Supervisory or leadership experience is required.
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
- Act as a liaison to the management team to provide updates as needed.
- Ensure that your team adheres to standards for productivity, quality and safety.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the manufacturing process.
- Optimize the schedule for the employees and equipment to increase productivity
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- A degree in Industrial Technology or a related field is preferred
- Formal supervisory or Lean training is preferred
- Experience in tooling and fixtures
- Strong communication skills
Benefits of employment: We offer our full time employees a full benefits package that includes a generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) and vacation plans, paid holidays, 401(k)/profit sharing and Health and Life Insurance.
Apply online at: